Elizabeth Lovatt is a writer of fiction and creative non-fiction currently living in London. In November 2020 she was accepted onto Penguin Books’ #WriteNow mentorship scheme for underrepresented writers to develop her first book, Thank You For Calling the Lesbian Line, which explores the phone logs of a lesbian phone line service from the 90s and her own reflections on lesbian identity.
She also runs the tiny narrative — a monthly newsletter of personal despatches for narrative obsessives. In 2019 she was a writer in residence for Islington Pride and the ruckus! archive and is the creator of the fanzine LOVE TOVE celebrating writer and artist Tove Jansson.
Elizabeth has an MA in Creative and Critical Writing from Birkbeck. Her dissertation was awarded the Lynne Segal BiGS Prize in Gender and Sexuality and she graduated with a Distinction.
She is represented by Abi Fellows at The Good Literary Agency
Writing and Publications
Features and Creative Non-Fiction
- Penguin Features: How Netflix’s Persuasion talks over Jane Austen’s novel
- Penguin Features: The Unlikely Queer Family at the Heart of The Moomins
- Cipher Press: Skin Hunger
- Token Magazine: #wlw
- 404 Ink: Why is a cross a kiss?
- Dear Damsels: What Tove Taught Me
- National Flash Fiction Day Anthology 2019: Observations from the Tube Looking Out onto Baker Street Platform
- Firewords: Mr Hilbert’s Grand Hotel
- Jellyfish Review: I Have My Mother’s Eyes
- Salomie Lit Mag: She Takes Her Tea Black
- Popshot Magazine: I Hope This Email Finds You Well
- Flight Journal: Sharks
- Severine Literary Magazine: You Do Not Think Of Us But We Think Of You
- Dear Damsels: Do You Remember When We First Met
- Halo Literary Magazine: Whales